Software Registration in PRC
According to Chinese Copyright Law and Regulations on Computer Software
Registration AdministrationSoftware Registration Center under China Copyright Protection Center (CCPC hereinafter) is the exclusive entity that authorized by the National Copyright Administration of PRC to handle software registration matters.
Computer software registration is a voluntary action.
1. an Application Form,
2. a program appraisal i.e. source code of two parts of 30 consecutive pages each, selected from the beginning and ending portion of the source code,
3. description appraisal, i.e. description of two parts of 30 consecutive pages each, selected from the beginning and ending portion of the description. Submitting the user’s manuals as the description is more beneficial to the copyright owner,
4. a description and related information of the software,
5. a certified identity of the copyright owner;
6. contract or any other agreement between related parties on the proprietorship of the software,
7. licensing contract,
8. certificate concerning succession,
9. other possible documents required by the registration department.
The copyright owner may apply for special deposition of the submitted appraisals for confidentiality reasons. If the request is accepted by the CSRC, the copyright owner has one of the following options:
1. submitting source code of two parts of 30 consecutive pages each, selected from the beginning and ending portion of the source code; and covering less than 50% of the submitted source code with black, leaning, board lines;
2. submitting first 10 pages of the source code and another consecutive 50 pages of the source code;
3. submitting targeting code of two parts of 30 consecutive pages each, selected from the beginning ending portion of the targeting code, and 20 consecutive pages selected from the source code.
Source code sealing up for keeping
After the application for software registration is approved, the owner of the copyright is allowed to file an application for sealing up the whole source code, description, or sample. The CCPC will seal up the whole source code. Without the consent of the applicant or the court, nobody is allowed to open the seal.
Once the application for software registration is approved by CCPC, the approval will be published on Software Registration Gazette. People after paying certain fee, with the consent of the CCPC may review the software registration publication, including the Application Forms, Program and Description Appraisals etc.
Terms of Examination
As regulated it takes sixty days to obtain the Registration Certificate counted from the filing day.